Nutrition is an important component of your health, especially during brain tumor treatment and recovery.
Our trained dietitians will help you navigate both general and cancer-specific questions, which may include the following:
- General guidelines for balanced nutrition
- Nutrition guidelines for specific cancers
- Issues during radiation or chemotherapy
- Coping with nausea and appetite problems
- Difficulty with swallowing or eating
- Problems with constipation or diarrhea
- Food safety during cancer treatment
- Weight management
- Metabolic testing - indirect calorimetry
All patients receiving care at the UCSF Brain Tumor Center are eligible for free one-on-one nutrition counseling with our cancer nutrition experts Greta Macaire RD, and Lisa Ploss MPH, RD. To make an appointment for consultation, please call (415) 502-5547.